2021 ECC Conference
June 13 - 15 Hosted on a
Industry Practice Lead,
Dr. Kush R. Varshney
Distinguished Research Staff Member & Manager,
CTO Hybrid Cloud Systems Research
Call for Papers, Presentations and Panels
The 13th Annual Enterprise Computing Community National Conference
Hosted on a Virtual Platform
More Opportunity to Reach a Larger Audience on a Virtual Platform
June 13-15, 2021
Call for Papers is now Closed
Accepted Papers, Presentations and Panels - Video and Slide Deck Submission
Deadline May 24* to be considered for an award.
Live presentations slide deck submission Deadline June 1.
Final video and slide deck for video presentations NOT being considered for an award, submission deadline June 1.
Please contact Cynthia Worrad at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
CALL FOR PAPERS
The ECC National Conference is a three day event focused on educational, practitioner and research topics in enterprise computing systems. The conference includes keynote speakers, peer-reviewed papers and presentations, demonstrations and panel discussions in three tracks; Industry, Research and Curriculum. Submissions are encouraged related to the themes of the 2021 conference or any other relevant topics associated with Enterprise Computing.
Artificial Intelligence/Deep Learning/Automation
Presenters have the choice to either:
(1) Submit a 15 minute-video presentation (and slide deck) and participate in a 15-minute live Q&A on Zoom during the Conference. Video and slide deck submission deadline May 24th to be considered for an award*. Deadline June 1st for all other submissions.
(2) Present live with Q&A during a 30-minute Zoom session during the Conference*. Submit slide deck by June 1st.
* Only presentations submitted by a pre-recorded video by May 24, 2021 will be considered for a best paper/presentation award. Presentations presented live and video presentations submitted after May 24th, will not be considered for a best paper/presentation award, due to the ECC Conference Committee review and selection process prior to the conference.
To be considered for a Presentation Award: Deadline to submit video presentation and slide deck May 24, 2021
For accepted submissions, first and second place awards will be presented to the best paper/presentation or panel in each of the following three catagories:
1. Artificial Intelligence/Deep Learning/Automation
2. Cloud Computing
3. Topics excluding AI/Deep Learning/Automation and Cloud Computing
Description of Accepted Submissions and Conference Format
All Accepted Submissions will be posted on the Virtual Conference Platform
Presentations, Panels and Workshops require the submission of a link to a 15 minute video and a slide deck or to present live on Zoom.
Presenters must be available to participate in a synchronous session on June 14 or June 15.
Authors are invited to submit papers; preferably in MS Word or PDF format. The length should not exceed 12 pages typeset in a 12-point font. A detailed extended abstract will be considered if it gives a clear reflection of the key points of the coming paper. All submissions will be handled electronically. Authors should attach their paper or abstract to the completed submission form.
Presenters are invited to submit presentation proposal abstracts. A detailed extended abstract will be considered if it clearly reflects the contents and key points of the coming presentation. All presentation submissions will be handled electronically. Authors should attach their presentation or abstract to the completed submission form.
Panel or Workshop Submission
Panels and workshops are solicited that examine issues of interest. Panel sessions should provide an opportunity for participants to present their views on a specific topic and then to discuss these views among themselves and with the conference participants through a discussion forum. A typical panel will consist of three or four participants, including the moderator. If the proposal is accepted, all presenters listed in the panel description will be required to register for the conference and to participate in the 15-20 minute video and live Q&A, or present live on Zoom during the Conference. Workshop proposals should provide virtual hands-on instruction and experience in an area of interest to large systems computing. All submissions will be handled electronically. Authors should attach a detailed proposal to the completed submission form.
Process of Selection
The program committee will evaluate papers, presentations, and panels based on quality and relevance. All submissions are held in confidence prior to presentation at the conference. Accepted presentations, panels and workshops are required to submit a link to a 15 minute video presentation and presentation slide deck in PP or PDF format, and be available for a synchronous Q&A discussion on June 14th or 15th, OR present live during a 30 minute session with live Q&A during June 14th or 15th. NOTE: Only presentations submitted by video by May 24th will be considered for a best presentation award. Presentations presented live during the conference will not be considered for an award.
Submissions received after the deadline will not be considered unless an extension has been granted by the program chairs. Where employer, client, or government authorization is needed, the author(s) will obtain such authorization prior to submitting the final manuscript.
Accepted papers will be presented by their author(s) via video submission or live on Zoom. Video submissions and slide decks will be made available, with the author’s permission, on the ECC National Conference website after the end of the conference.
ECC requires a non-exclusive copyright license for all papers and presentations given at the conference. This includes potential distribution on the ECC website.
- Abstract Submission deadline: May 14, 2021
- Notification of acceptance on or before: May 21, 2021
- *Presentation video and slide deck submission deadline for award consideration: May 24, 2021
- Final Presentation video and slide deck submission deadline: June 1, 2021
Presentation Video and Slide Deck Format:
Slide Deck - Your presentation submission should include a link to a shareable slide deck in PPT or PDF format. Slide decks will need to be uploaded and shareable.
Video Submission – Below are some available platforms to use for your video recording and instructions on how to share your link once your video is completed. Videos are requested in MP4 format, but should be submitted by a link to a shareable video.
- Please record a 15 minute video of your presentation. Videos can be shorter than 15 minutes.
- Videos should include your slide deck and presenters presenting. This could include presenters speaking in a window on the screen while displaying the presentation slide deck or presenting in a room with slide deck on a large screen. Variations on style and format are encouraged.
- Final Video submissions are requested by a link to a shareable video.
- Here’s a review of some available video recording tools.
- Panopto works best on our platform. Service fee required to use.
- Zoom is easy, free. https://zoom.us/
- Vimeo is easy to use. https://vimeo.com/features/screen-recorder
- Knovio has some nice features. https://knovio.com//
- Webex is another video conferencing and recording platform
- Vidyard and Screencastomatic are Chrome plugins that are free and easy to use.
- YouTube is a good way to share the video link. Here are instructions on uploading and making sure that your video is unlisted. Make sure to make it accessible to everyone with the link.
For questions about the submission process, please contact Cynthia Worrad via email at email@example.com.
Paul Cronan, University of Arkansas
David Douglas, University of Arkansas
Chu J. Jong, Central New Mexico Community College
Eitel Lauria, Marist College
Roger Norton, Marist College
Cameron Seay, East Carolina University
Rhonda Syler, University of Arkansas
Cynthia Worrad, Marist College
Suk-Chung Yoon, Widener University
Marilyn Zeppetelli, Marist College